CSWA 2015 Herb Lampert Emerging Journalist Award: $1,000
This award is goes to a student or newly practising journalist (2 years or less) who has a science article published in print, broadcast, or online during 2014.
CSWA GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Deadline February 15, 2015
Competitors must be Canadian citizens or residents of Canada.
Each award is presented for original material disseminated – in French or English – during the 2014 calendar year.
The awards will be presented during the CSWA annual conference.
1 entry per person or team
All entries must submit:
· description of the entry, less than 150 words
· biography of the writer(s), less than 150 words
· confirmation of the date published, broadcast, or presented
· online entry form
· entry fee online: none
How to Submit Formats:
· four copies of the article or series on one topic or theme
· or a link to the online article or series on one topic or theme
radio or podcast:
· link to mp3 file either through an active url or an archived link,
· or 4 copies on DVD
· 4 copies of on DVD
· or a link to an active url
Live Event or Media Campaign (Science Communication):
Event or campaign promotion material, images, video, audio and media coverage as appropriate and relevant to the event. Material can be submitted in any of the formats listed above. We require a complete list of all links and DVD or print copies being submitted per entry.
Print copies and DVDs must be delivered by February 15 to:
CSWA SIS Awards, c/o Andy F. Visser-deVries
455 Lakeshore Road, PO Box 249
All audio and video files and links or urls must be available throughout the submissions and judging period (Feb 15 to June 15)