We are a national community of professional science communicators that work, live, play in all media.
Our mission is to cultivate excellence in science writing, science journalism and science communication.
Our goal is to increase public awareness of science in Canadian culture.
Specific Goals and Objectives:
- to promote and reward balanced and accurate science reporting in Canada
- to create opportunities for members to meet and exchange ideas
- to initiate educational and training opportunities for science communicators in all regions of Canada
- to encourage communication between scientists and journalists
- to encourage greater awareness among editors, producers and other gatekeepers of the need for science coverage
- to nourish the growth of a membership that reflects Canadian society with respect to gender, race and region