- Annual Meeting
- Join CSWA
SCIENCE COMMUNICATIONS SCHOLARSHIP
Congratulations to Anne Steino winner of the 2013 years Science Communications Scholarship
Learn about Anne’s experience at Banff here: The Banff Experience An Exercise In Getting Your Crazy Creative On
FOLLOWING IS BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON THE SCIENCE COMMUNICATIONS SCHOLARSHIP:
The Canadian Science Writers’ Association offers a scholarship to a CSWA member selected to attend the Science Communications program at the Banff Centre
Members interested in attending this two-week course must apply to the programme organizers and the CSWA to indicate whether they require financial assistance to attend. The 18 successful program applicants will be chosen by a selection committee and notified by early April.
If a CSWA member is accepted into the course, he or she will become eligible for assistance up to a total of $1,000.00 towards course expenses, excluding travel.
To apply for the CSWA scholarship:
1) applicant must be a CSWA member in good standing
2) applicant should not be able to secure funding from other sources, i.e. from an employer
3) applicant should specify if he/she would be able to attend with a partial subsidy, e.g. $500 instead of the full $1,000, in the event that there are several good candidates
4) applicant should have shown some previous commitment to science communication with the general public, preferably while a member of the CSWA
5) in the event that the successful applicant cannot attend this summer’s Banff session , he/she will notify the scholarship committee as soon as possibly in writing so the scholarship can be awarded to another applicant
CSWA mailing address:
105 Villeneuve ouest, Montreal, QCH2T 2R6
For more information about the Science Communications program, visit: www.banffcentre.ca or contact the programme director.
Mary Anne Moser, email@example.com
For more information about the CSWA Science Communications scholarship, contact:
CSWA Administrative Director, Janice Benthin