CSWA Science Communication Award: $1,000
This award goes to an individual or small team, museum, university or college, whose work in 2013 explored or explained the topic of science to the public in an informative, accurate and engaging way. The work can be in any medium, and was produced for the purposes of public communications, outreach, advertising, marketing, or any similar venture.
CSWA GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Submissions Open: Deadline Extended to March 15, 2014
Competitors must be Canadian citizens or residents of Canada.
Each award is presented for original material disseminated – in French or English –
during the 2013 calendar year.
The awards will be presented during the CSWA annual conference.
1 entry per person or team
All entries must submit:
· description of the entry, less than 150 words
· biography of the writer(s), less than 150 words
· confirmation of the date published, broadcast, or presented
· online entry form
· entry fee online: entry fee $50 for non-members, $25 for members, (no fee for Herb Lampert Emerging Journalist Award)
How to Submit Formats:
· four copies of the article or series on one topic or theme
· ora link to the online article or series on one topic or theme
radio or podcast:
· link to mp3 file either through an active url or an archived link,
· or4 copies on DVD
· 4 copies of on DVD
· ora link to an active url
Live Event or Media Campaign (Science Communication):
Event or campaign promotion material, images, video, audio and media coverage as appropriate and relevant to the event. Material can be submitted in any of the formats listed above. The entry form requires a complete list of all links and DVD or print copies being submitted per entry.
Print copies and DVDs must be delivered by March 1 to:
CSWA SIS Awards
105 Villeneuve O
Montreal, QC H2T 2R6
All audio and video files and links or urls must be active and available throughout the submissions & judging period (Feb 1 to May 15)